September 29, 2016
The Do's and Don'ts of Buying Poperty in Colombia
1) use a real estate agent or agency that is use to dealing with expats.
2) hire a bilingual lawyer who is use to dealing with foreign buyers.
3) have all of your paperwork in order before coming to Colombia - passport, 6 months of bank statements, last year's tax return, letter of reference from your accountant and possibly bank manager.
1) use a wanna be real estate agent. Everyone in Colombia knows someone with a property for sale. Caveat Emptor - it is very easy to be mislead on a number of fronts.
2) transfer your funds to a friend's or for that matter - a stranger's bank account.
3) expect to get a mortgage. Most foreigner's do not qualify. Have your funds in place and ready to be transfered. Credit is much cheaper outside of Colombia.
Welcome to Sandra Maria Serna Toro Expat Legal Services
March 2, 2015
Don't End Up with this Property in Colombia !
50 Ways to Leave Your ?
December 28, 2016
Ten Ways to Move More Than 10k usd Into Colombia
September 22, 2016
What ! No M.L.S. ? How do I get Comps ?
September 7, 2016
No Title Insurance ! Now you are saying - no Escrow !!
Need Title Insurance for Colombia ?
August 30, 2016
Pay Peanuts, Get Monkeys !
August 18, 2016
Do I have to file taxes in Colombia ?
August 17, 2016
What the heck is a Form 4 ?
August 9, 2016
No to Valorization !
Buying property in Colombia
Certificado de Tradicion y Libertad
Real Estate Law
Real Estate Medellin
Registration of money
cuatro por mil
declaración de renta
real estate closing
real estate professional
steckenreiter serna and associates